Medical Arts Pharmacy is pleased to partner with Granville Vance Public Health to offer Med-Safe. The Med-Safe is located inside the lobby of the new Medical Arts Pharmacy store at 253 Ruin Creek Road. Clean out your medicine cabinet and get rid of unused or unwanted medications!
Please remember to remove all identifiable information from containers or packages before disposal.
- Expired or unused medications
- Over-the-counter medications
- Medication samples
- Pet medications
- Medicated ointments and lotions
- Liquid medications
Do NOT Drop:
- Needles/ Lancets/ Syringes
- IV bags
- Bloody or infectious waste
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Empty containers
- Personal care products
Facts about prescription medication
- Unused or experied prescription medications are a public safety issue, leading to accidental poisoning, overdose, and abuse.
- Unused prescription drugs thrown in the trash can be retrieved and abused or illegally sold.
- Unused drugs that are flushed can contaminate the water supply.
- Prescription drugs can be just as dangerous as street drugs when taken without a doctor’s supervision.
- The majority of teens abusing prescription drugs get them from home medicine cabinets.
- The non-medical use of prescription drugs ranks second only to marijuana as the most common form of drug abuse in America.